Thursday 4 February 2016

What's your Major, Town Tramp?



Set in the year 1963, it's the story of a glamorous, not your middle-of-the-road mother; Mrs Flax with her two daughters, Charlotte and Kate.  Charlotte 15, who is very straight and narrow.  Obsessed with Catholicism and a half photo of her father's legs.  Holding to this one memory she has of him from when she was a little girl.  Kate 7, very cute and bubbly who wants to be world champion in swimming, constantly trying to hold her breath under water (in the bath) timing herself each time to try and beat her time.  Every time Mrs Flax has a "relationship" that turns to disaster they all up-sticks and take a roadtrip to another town.  This time they end up in the small town of Eastport, Massachusetts.  As you can imagine, Mrs Flax (Rachel) turns a lot of heads but it is not her who gets into trouble this time...

I wouldn't want to spoil it for you newbies to this so I shall leave the story right there.  But this has to be one of my all-time favourite go-to movies.  I must watch it once or twice every year and it really surprises me when I meet someone and they have no idea which movie I am talking about.  So this is why I wanted to post about it here on my little blog.  I want everyone to be able to enjoy it as much as I do.  And when you get to the end all you want to do is dance along in the kitchen with them!


Enjoy!
Alison xxx











No comments: